Re: How to wreathe crescendo ?

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Re: How to wreathe crescendo ?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 06:16:28 +1100

tobias bora <address@hidden> writes:

> This is my problem : when in lilypond I use \< and \! to have
> crescendo, the crescendo is made with many little horizontal ligne.
> For exemple see here :
> http://www.cam.hi-ho.ne.jp/oishi/lilypond/crescendo.gif (that's a bit
> much...)

That looks rather like a problem of low resolution in generating the
GIF. That's not what LilyPond renders; it makes the crescendo as a
“hairpin” of two diagonal lines.

Examine the PostScript or PDF output from LilyPond, instead.

> How can we wreathe crescendo ? Is it possible ?

I don't know what you mean by “wreathe” here. Does the above answer your
question?

--
 \       “From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I |
  `\        was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.” |