\score block as variable/function

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: \score block as variable/function
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:11:27 +0100

Hi,

I use  \score  blocks inside  \markup in constructions like this one:

\markup {
  \fill-line {
    \score {
      c'1
      \layout {}  % required!
    }
    \score {
      d'1
      \layout {}

but it is heavy.

I would like to define the  \score  blocks as variables or as music
functions.  Unfortunately it seems impossible.

I tried

  scoreOne = \score {
    c'1
    \layout {}  % required!
  }

  \markup {
    \column {
      \scoreOne

which gives "Error : syntax error, unexpected SCORE_IDENTIFIER".

I tried also

  scoreTwo = #(define-music-function (parser location foo)
                                     (ly:music?)
    #{
      \score {
        $foo
        \layout {}
      }
    #}
  )

  \markup {
    \column {
      \scoreTwo d'1

but it fails also : "Error : syntax error, unexpected MUSIC_FUNCTION".

Any idea would be welcome!
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Xavier