RE: Usage 1.2, Environment variables: missing conjunction?

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Usage 1.2, Environment variables: missing conjunction?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:10:33 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Phil Holmes
)Sent: 18 March 2011 09:49
)To: Federico Bruni; lilypond-user mailinglist
)
)----- Original Message -----
)From: "Federico Bruni" <address@hidden>
)Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 7:29 AM
)
)>
)http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/usage/command_002dline
)-usage#environment-variables
)>
)> Maybe in **this sentence** something is missing?
)>
)> "LILYPOND_GC_YIELD
)>
)>    With this variable the memory footprint and performance can be
)> adjusted. **It is a percentage tunes memory management behavior**.
)With
)> higher values, the program uses more memory, with smaller values, it
)> uses more CPU time. The default value is 70.
)> "
)>
)> I mean: 'tunes' should be a verb, right?
)> "The percentage tunes memory management...", if I've understood
)> correctly.
)>
)> So it could be: "It is a percentage *that* tunes memory management
)> behaviour".
)> I don't know if this is good english, but I can understand it better.
)
)
)What you're proposing is good English, and makes sense where the
)original
)did not.
)

I'll make a small patch.