Ossia help...for a newbie

From: Adrian Oehm
Subject: Ossia help...for a newbie
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:42:34 +1100

Hi

I am typesetting some music and have run into a problem I can't work out.

What I would like is an ossia above the soprano line on bar 8, like the example
I have in "Desired Output".

What I can't seem to do is set it up so it work with the score block I have...

I've read as much as I can find in the manuals, but I haven't found anything
that works, or explains what I need to do.

Any help would be great.

(and if anyone can point me as to how to centre the whole bar rests (eg bar 2
in the soprano/alto line) that would be great too!)

Thanks

Adrian