Re: problem with OS X 10.6.7 and Lily-PDFs

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: problem with OS X 10.6.7 and Lily-PDFs
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:43:24 +0000

hello,

James.

On 31 Mar 2011, at 22:08, "Patrick Karl" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Message: 3
>> Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:21:09 +0200
>> From: Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden>
>> Subject: problem with OS X 10.6.7 and Lily-PDFs
>>
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I installed Mac OSX 10.6.7 and now am unable to print my beautiful
>> sheets from my mac! It seems to be related to a font problem in the last
>> security update: http://www.tidbits.com/article/12078
>> Luckily I work on Ubuntu and can print from there ...
>>
>> Sorry for this off topic message, but I know, there are a lot mac users
>> in this community ;-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jan-Peter
>
> I also have this problem with Preview 5.0.3 under OSX 10.6.7.  Missing are
> noteheads, repeats, rests, accidentals, articulations.  All that's left is
> staves, stems, beams, and slurs, for the most part.

well you could try the following.

1. close all apps
2. open terminal.app
3. now type

     atsutil databases -removeUser

hit return

then type

     atsutil server -shutdown

then hit return

now type

     atsutil server -ping

This restarts the ats server and rebuilds the font cache.

I suggest a reboot for good measure.

See if that helps.

James