Re: release candidate planning

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: release candidate planning
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:31:12 +0200

On 5 April 2011 22:29, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> Jan has just fixed the 1 reported Critical bug in release
> candidate 5 (a bug wherein the midi output ignored rests).  Unless
> I hear otherwise, I'll go ahead with release candidate 6 in 24
> hours.
>
> Are there any other known Critical problems?  I'd really like RC 6
> or 7 to be the last one.
>
> Users: this is really aimed at you.  Download 2.13.57, test it out
> on your scores, etc.  If you're going to find a problem, it would
> be really nice if you could find it in the next few days.

I relayed a similar call on LilyPond French Users after the RC 3.
Got few feedbacks.  I just reported one bug.  Waiting for some
complementary informations about a possible issue between
score-system-space  and  system-system-space (an example of code showing
the issue basically).

On 6 April 2011 02:51, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> Basically, we're not going to hold back 2.14 just because apple
> broke stuff in 10.6.7, just like we didn't hold back 2.12 (or was
> it 2.10?) because apple broke stuff in 10.5.  Similarly, if ubuntu
> 11.04 is broken when lilypond works on ubuntu 10.04, that won't
> delay a stable release.  Similarly, if windows 7 sp2 is broken,
> that won't delay a stable release.

I agree.
Since this issue was first reported on the French Users mailing list, it
appears that the problem comes from Apple and affects other softwares
(using some kind of fonts).  So this is not something LilyPond devs
should fix, Apple devs should.

Cheers,
Xavier

--