Re: Mismatch version number in 2.13.58 on Windows

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: Mismatch version number in 2.13.58 on Windows
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 00:18:39 +0000

hello

On 8 Apr 2011, at 22:34, "Marc Mouries" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 4/8/2011 5:21 PM, Marc Mouries wrote:
>> I just installed 2.13.58 on Windows and when i run lilypond I get
>> C:\>lilypond
>> GNU LilyPond 2.13.54
>> Usage: lilypond [OPTION]... FILE...
>>
>> Anyone else gets that?
>
> It seems that the uninstaller of lilypond 2.14.54 did not work well.
> If i uninstall it 2.13.58 and ran lilypond.exe I get 2.14.54 but it generates
> an error.
> Then i re-install 2.13.58 and i get
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin>lilypond
> GNU LilyPond 2.13.58
>
> If i type: C:\lilypond.exe, I get

Sounds like you have/had it installed in two places. The fact your path has
Program files (x86) tells me this is a 64 bit system.

I don't know where LP is installed in this case.

Also we know the installer does not remove the path and I expect you have a few
extra LP in your path. Open a prompt and type 'PATH'.

So you maybe running into simply having two binaries installed.

You can just manually remove the whole LP dir to the wastebasket and the see
what running the cmd does. It should say command not found. I it doesn't the
you know you have another floating about.

You may also want to manually remove those extra LP path statements too.

Hope this is of help.

James