Re: Installing custom font for Lilypond

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Installing custom font for Lilypond
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 16:26:23 +0200

Am 09.04.2011 04:50, schrieb Aleksandr Andreev:
Hello folks,

Basically, I'm trying to create a library of Lilypond scores with some of my
collaborators and I'd like to automate the process. I've installed Lilypond on
my server and I've allowed each user to drop Lilypond source files via a Perl
script. The script then calls Lilypond and voila, a PDF, PNG and MIDI all
appear.

However, much of the music we're working with is Russian Orthodox chant and so
it is in Church Slavonic. Thus, I'm trying to install a custom font on the
server to properly render the Slavonic characters. Within the Lilypond source,
the user sets the desired font name.

I've placed the font into the /usr/share/ghostscript/8.70/Resource/Font/ folder
and then I've modified the Fontmap.GS file in
/usr/share/ghostscript/8.70/Resource/Init/ folder. However, Lilypond still does
not use the font.

You can check the list of fonts known to lilypond via

lilypond -dshow-available-fonts

If your font isn't listed there, lilypond will not find it.

Normally, you don't have to move the font into a special directory,
just install it system-wide, and it should work out of the box, IIRC.

HTH,

Marc

Is there something else I need to modify? Do I also need to place the font in
the /usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/ folder?

Thanks for any help!