Re: Old English font for titles

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Old English font for titles
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 17:11:42 -0400

    Laura> ghostscript says:

    Laura> `(gs -q -dSAFER -dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS=595.28
    Laura> -dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS=841.89 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4
    Laura> -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -r1200 -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
    Laura> -sOutputFile=./five.pdf -c.setpdfwrite -ffive.ps)' failed
    Laura> (256)

    Laura> When I try to look at the .ps file in ghostview, it just sits
    Laura> there with its wheel spinning and doesn't show me anything.

    Laura> This is true not only with the fonts I just downloaded, but
    Laura> with all the other non-default fonts I've tried, such as
    Laura> Georgia and "Century Schoolbook".

    Phil> =================================================

    Phil> There have been reports of this error before, seemingly
    Phil> related to fonts. However, we've never properly sorted this
    Phil> out.  This is no help to you now, but if you do have some time
    Phil> later to help debug this, it would be great.

I finally got a trivial test file.  It's a dumb error in my markup.  If
you balance the open parenthesis in the composer name with a close
parenthesis, you don't get the problem, but if you use the close curly
bracket, as in the attached file, you do.

Laura   (mailto:address@hidden, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
http://www.laymusic.org/ http://www.serpentpublications.org

When I die and there's a memorial service, I want you to go to the
piano and play _The Man I Love_ in my key. If I don't come out on that
stage, then you'll know I'm gone.

Kitty Carlisle Hart, (Quoted at her memorial service, where they did
in fact play _The Man I Love._)