Re: Dividing ties and adjusting ties in an arpeggiated chord

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Dividing ties and adjusting ties in an arpeggiated chord
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 01:51:11 -0700 (PDT)

hi bruys

bruys . wrote:

> The one disappointing aspect is that (with version 2.13), I get a
> warning that Lilypond couldn't "find the property type-check for
> 'dash-definition'". And, if I comment this line out, the result is
> basically unchanged. Actually, if I leave this line in, it messes up
> the control-points adjustment on the second tie. It would be great if
> this did work. Does anyone know if this is a bug?

did you mean 2.12 ? in fact i was using 2.13.58 and i would recommend to
upgrade occasionally since there are many new features in the (nearly
stable) development release!

> (By the way, it seems the snippet you pointed me to last time, could
> be used to divide the tie in this instance, as there is an accidental
> involved. But, that would be a bit of a hack, as this wouldn't
> generally be the case.)

i don't think hiding away a part of the tie is satisfying because the tie
will always look like coming out of the fis - unless you change the
direction, but then it collides with the next lower note.

Eluze