Re: Self-Publishing (was "Favorite Lilypond-Score Printer?")

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Self-Publishing (was "Favorite Lilypond-Score Printer?")
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 12:09:58 -0500

On Apr 10, 2011, at 11:05 AM, PMA wrote:

> My thanks to all for your suggestions!
>
> The upshot -- well, so far -- is that *if* I buy the printer, it will be a
> refurbished HP LaserJet 5000.  Am sniffing out reputable vendors.
>
> Meanwhile, I've begun to explore other (no-printer) options for self-
> publishing.  The POD outfits (Lulu first) especially, and the archivers
> (IMSLP, WIMA) anyway.
>
> Simply -- I want my scores (PDF) available and known to be so by
> folks whose taste might incline them to be interested.  (Reckon
> it's the "known to be so" part that'll cost me....)
>
> I would love to hear your favorite thoughts on this topic.

Make sure that you are aware of the issues with copyright, having your own
publishing company, registering your songs with RightsFlow and/or Harry Fox
Agency, registering with ASCAP or BMI, etc.  (Some of this assumes that you are
in the US, based on your e-mail address; there are other issues in other
countries).