Spacing figured bass and lyrics

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Spacing figured bass and lyrics
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 07:39:06 +0000 (UTC)

> I'm not top posting

Hi all,
I've encountered a problem when trying to modify the distance
between a FiguredBass line and a Staff which is placed above.
If there are Lyrics attached to the Voice placed in the upper staff,
setting a padding to the FiguredBass line has no effect.
Maybe I don't unterstand the way this is supposed to work, but I'm
confused.

See the following example:

\version "2.13.58"

notes = \repeat unfold 20 { a4 b c b }

text = \lyricmode {
  \repeat unfold 20 { bla bla bla bla }
}

numbers = \figuremode {
  \repeat unfold 20 { <3 5>4 <4 6> <_+> <7> }
}

\layout {
  \context {
    \FiguredBass
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'nonstaff-unrelatedstaff-spacing #'padding =
    \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = #DOWN

\score {
  <<
    \new Voice = "one" \relative c'' \notes
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto one \text %% Comment this out
    \new FiguredBass \numbers
    \new Staff { \clef bass \relative c \notes }

}

Many thanks for any advice,
Michael