Slur positions limit?

From: MusFelix
Subject: Slur positions limit?
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 16:53:29 -0700 (PDT)

While adjusting slurs, I have come across cases where the adjustment doesn't
take.  I have played around with all of the slur details settings, but
nothing has worked.  See this example, where the slur should be much higher,
exaggerated for testing, but is stuck lower:

\version "2.13.51"
\include "english.ly"

\relative c
{
    \clef bass
    \time 9/8
    \stemDown

    \once \override Slur #'positions = #'(10 . 10)
    c,16( e' c' g' c, e, c, e' c' e c e, c, g' e' c' e, g,)
}

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

(BTW, I am posting this through Nabble; the last 3 times I sent this by
email, it hasn't shown up.  Anyone know why???)