Re: title spacing

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: title spacing
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:33:01 +1000

On 18/04/11 09:28, Carl Sorensen wrote:
On 4/17/11 3:56 PM, "Xavier Scheuer"<address@hidden>  wrote:

On 17 April 2011 23:04, Laurens van der Wee<address@hidden>  wrote:
Hi,

I'm a user that mainly throws together what he needs, there are
probably some obvious gaps in my knowledge, so apologies if this is
too obvious...

My goal is simply to control the distance between a system and the
title of the next score block. In the score I'm working on, the space
is just too small, almost colliding with the last bit of the previous
score block.

I'm willing to use piece instead of title, but in that case I'd love
to learn how I can center-align it, since also that doesn't seem to work...

Any help very much appreciated.
Since you are using a development version (I see "2.13.56") I suggest
you to upgrade to latest development version and to consult the version
of the doc corresponding to this development version (now 2.13.60).

A dozen weeks ago (between 2.13.sth and 2.13.sth+1) the syntax changed
from  "before-title-space"  to  "markup-system-spacing".
The value of this variable looks like

   \paper {
     markup-system-spacing =
       #'((basic-distance . 10) (padding . 1) (stretchability . 30))
   }

To understand this, see (doc v2.13.60)
NR 4.1.4 Flexible vertical spacing \paper variables
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing
-_005cpaper-variables.html
I agree with everything Xavier has said, except the paper variable used to
control the spacing between a system and the title of the next score is
"score-markup-spacing".

Or if you only need to change one of the values, you can use the simpler syntax

score-markup-spacing #'basic-distance = #12

or whatever value you want for the spacing.

Nick