Re: Again vertical spacing FiguredBass / Staff / Lyrics

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Again vertical spacing FiguredBass / Staff / Lyrics
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:08:59 -0600

On 4/27/11 9:53 AM, "Michael Käppler" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thank you very much, Carl, for your advice! I have made an interesting
> observation, though:
> If minimum-distance is set instead of basic-distance, the numbers are
> aligned at the top staff.
> Is this somehow intended behaviour?

I doubt that it is "intended" behavior.  However, I do think your file
represents a misuse of the properties.

minimum-distance is intended to always be less than basic-distance.  In this
case, I think that minimum-distance is greater than basic-distance, which
probably messes up all of the rods-and-springs behavior.

basic-distance is the ideal distance you'd like to have.  minimum-distance
is the minimum distance you're willing to have; it sets the maximum
compression that can occur.

Regards,

Carl