Re: Changing BarLine glyph per staff

From: Robert Stoddard
Subject: Re: Changing BarLine glyph per staff
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 14:27:59 -0400

Thank you -- moving the Timing_translator and Default_bar_line_engraver from the Score to the Staff contexts worked perfectly.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 6:34 PM, -Eluze <address@hidden> wrote:

Robert Stoddard wrote:

> I am setting a piece in which different parts repeat at different points
> (because the repeated sections in each part are the same number of bars,
> this works out in the end...).  I thought this was going to be
> straightforward using code like this:

you can move the Timing_translator and the Default_bar_line_engraver from
the \Score context to the \Staff contexts (and you will have to move the
\time 4/4 to each staff, too) - is this working for you?

\version "2.13.61"
staffChoir = \new ChoirStaff {
 <<
   \context Staff = "Tenor" {
     \time 4/4
     \relative c'' {
       c2 g \bar "|:" |
       e c | e g \bar ":|" |
       c g | c1
   \context Staff = "Bass" { \time 4/4
     \clef bass
     \relative c {
       c2 e | g e \bar "|:" |
       c e | g b \bar ":|" |
       c1

\score {
 \staffChoir
 \layout {
   \context {
     \Score
     \remove "Timing_translator"
     \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
   }
   \context {
     \Staff
     \consists "Timing_translator"
     \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"
   }
   \context { \Score
     \override SpanBar #'transparent = ##t %Turns off staff lines between
staves