Re: MIDI notes in wrong instrument if Staff_performer is in Voice contex

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: MIDI notes in wrong instrument if Staff_performer is in Voice context
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 19:16:41 +0000 (UTC)

Richard Sabey <richardsabey <at> hotmail.co.uk> writes:

> I am getting notes in Lilypond's MIDI output being played by
> the MIDI "piano" instrument rather than the instrument I specify.

> \version "2.13.61"

This looks like the strange bug reported at
 <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1646>

The released 2.13.61 build produces a midi file with notes in the first beat
sent to channel0, which was set to sound as violin, but later notes sent to
channel1.

Compiling LilyPond from source code, the program produces a midi file with all
notes on channel 0, all sounding as violin.

I suggest we consider this the same as issue 1646, and expect it to be fixed in
the next release.