Re: book and instrument

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: book and instrument
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 22:48:00 +0200

Le 26 mai 2011 à 22:40, Jean-Charles Malahieude a écrit :

> Hi all!
>
> When using a separate book for generating instrumental parts, is there a
> easy way to get rid of the superfluous "instrument" appearing with each
> bookpart?

If you want the instrument to appear only on the title page, then you may define
a first bookpart for this title page, where the instrument is defined:

%% Title page
\bookpart {
   \header {
     title = "The Book Title"
     instrument = "instrument"
   }
   \markup\null
}
%% Act I
\bookpart {

Or, if Act I starts on the first page, add instrument to its \header block.

Then it will not be repeated on the following bookparts.

Nicolas