Re: Falls and doits for a chord

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Falls and doits for a chord
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 21:49:00 +0200

Il giorno ven, 03/06/2011 alle 20.53 +0000, Massimo ha scritto:
> Good evening.
> I want to know if it's possible to add falls and doits to a chord. I tried in
> several ways, but no one worked.
>
> Thank you
> Massimo

Ciao Massimo,

search "bendAfter chord" in the lilypond-user archives and you'll see
that you are not the first person who asks this question and gets no
reply:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/

So my first guess is: it's not supported.  But some expert user should
confirm it.

If I try, I get a programming error:
"must have Item for spanner bound of BendAfter"

Unfortunately, I can't find any snippet in the LSR.

You can make it work by using two voices instead of a chord:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-10/msg00610.html

(you won't have the clashing note columns problem if each voice is
enclosed by brackets)

For example:

\version "2.14.0"

\score {