Re: fretted-string-harmonics-in-tablature snippet

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: fretted-string-harmonics-in-tablature snippet
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 23:12:58 +0200

Il giorno lun, 13/06/2011 alle 20.10 +0200, Janek Warchoł ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> wish i had not missed this thread and found it earlier...
> I found a diff in one of your previous e-mails, but it's kind of
> weird, so i'll simply write how things should look.

Hi Janek,

thanks for taking care of it!
Here's the open issue in the tracker:

> > I've just realized that the second tapped harmonic may be wrong:
> > shouldn't it be played on 7th fret?
>
> Yes, it should. Also the third tapped harmonic should be played on 5th fret.

Yes, you are right.

> > I put lilypond-user in CC, I hope someone will confirm.
>
> I do.
> Concerning the last harmonic: it should be e'' (i.e. note on third
> ledger line - remember that guitar is written in \clef "G_8")

I still think that it should be e'
The pitch I hear is the same as the 1st open string (standard tuning),
so it's 4th space of the staff.

I attach the patched file.
Sorry, I can't produce a .diff file, even though the two files I'm using
are different.  It's a mystery to me...

Waiting for your comments.
Thanks,
Federico