Re: Very short lilypond snippets in LaTeX

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Very short lilypond snippets in LaTeX
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:26:24 +0200

Am Dienstag, 21. Juni 2011, 10:55:29 schrieb address@hidden:
> Hey all,
>
> I am lilypond-booking a latex document where I endeavor to insert short
> snippets into fragments of text :
>
> The dynamic should be between
> \begin{lilypond}
> \markup { \dynamic "ppp" }
> \end{lilypond}

This could be achieved way easier if you manage to make the feta font
available to latex (actually, I'd need that too. For my critical reports, I
simply use ppp / pp written in the default font, not in the music font).

I started this a while ago, but since I'm no expert on Type1 fonts, the latex
font tree structure and LaTeX's font system in general, I got stuck at a point
where some things are working, but most things are not.

> The reason I can't use the native lilypond is because all of this is going
> into a table, and I don't want to go down the slippery slope of
> reimplementing latex in lilypond thru markup commands.

I can understand this perfectly well. I initially started writing the critical
reports in LilyPond, but soon realized that LilyPond simply is not able to
perform well as a text typesetting programm.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886