Re: Windows/DOS PATH statement again

From: Hilary Snaden
Subject: Re: Windows/DOS PATH statement again
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 22:58:38 +0100

Colin Campbell wrote:
On 11-06-24 05:50 AM, James Lowe wrote:
As far as I can tell for 'normal' use where someone installs, uninstalls and installs the next version it all works.

But not if we keep installing new versions again and again.

I'm not sure it's that straightforward. I've always uninstalled the previous version, and there's only ever been one version at a time on this PC. I now find in my path

C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin;C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin;

so one of the (probably recent) installs has misbehaved.

This was logged as issue 1597 and given a low priority; should the priority be bumped up, perhaps?

Yes. IMO it's a bug, albeit a windoze-specific one.

--
Hilary