setting the font size for markups independently

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: setting the font size for markups independently
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 12:34:13 +0200

Hello list,

I have the following definition in my preamble:

myStaffSize = #20

\paper {
  ragged-right = ##f
  indent = 3\cm
  print-all-headers = ##t
  #(define fonts
    (make-pango-font-tree "Goudy Bookletter 1911"
                          "GoudyBookletter1911Italic"
                          "GoudyBookletter1911BoldCondensed"
                          ( / myStaffSize 20)
 ))
}

and in my scores a lot of parts like this:

\markup {
  \word-wrap {
     here is some text with \underline { marked } words and stuff.

Now I want to change the score size by an external script depending on
the voices I'll include. This works, but I want the markup text to be,
say, 12pt in height throughout the document, no matter how myStaffSize
is defined.

I can use
\markup {
  \abs-fontsize #<value> { \word-wrap

but I think there is a more generic solution, but searching the Manual and
the archives didn't give any clue.

Thanks in advance,

Marc