Re: Typesetting bug(?) - polyphony + lyrics + \times 2/3 + \oneVoice = b

From: Peter Wright
Subject: Re: Typesetting bug(?) - polyphony + lyrics + \times 2/3 + \oneVoice = breakage
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 23:29:53 +1000

Hi Kieren,

On 10/07 08:45:34, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Don't know what's causing the issue here, but I believe this version
> of your snippet does what you want:
[ snip ]

Ha! Well, I can't deny it does seem to avoid the problem demonstrated
by my original example, though I must admit I have no idea why it
works and the original didn't. :)

Unfortunately I don't think it helps with my real problem though,
which is that I want to keep on having sections with a "new"
sopranoOneVoice followed by unison sections, etc... and I don't think
it's possible to do that and still have a single \lyricsto
"sopranoOneVoice" definition inside the "\score".

See this demonstration of what I mean in this (slightly) extended
version of your solution (which is just the same two bars again with
different lyrics):

http://flooble.net/~pete/bugdemo-partial-fix.ly

...which renders like this:

http://flooble.net/~pete/bugdemo-partial-fix.png

You can see that the "Five six sev --" text doesn't appear at all for
the second sopranoOneVoice segment. Not that I'd *expect* it to, of
course - just because those two sections have the same name doesn't
mean they're the same voice.

But I suppose I could have a whole bunch of distinct named voices -
eg. "sopranoOneVoice01", "sopranoOneVoice02", ..., "sopranoOneVoice57".

That would at least make it possible to link the correct lyrics for
every new "sopranoOne??" section via the appropriate temporary voice
name in the "\score" section.

> Hope this helps!

It definitely does, thank you. I can't say I really *like* my idea
based on your suggestion, but I definitely dislike it much less than
my previous alternatives. :)

> Kieren.

Thanks again,

Pete.