Re: Alignment bug?

From: harm6
Subject: Re: Alignment bug?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:15:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hilary Snaden wrote:

> I've now tried everything I can think of, as well as some
> suggestions from others, but none of the tweaking works reliably (or at
> all) if there are more than two voices on a staff.

Hi,

the Learning Manual 3.2.2 "Explicitly instantiating voices" says:

"By default, the outer voices (normally voices one and two) have \shiftOff
specified, while the inner voices (three and four) have \shiftOn specified.
When a shift is applied, voices one and three are shifted to the right and
voices two and four to the left."

So I tried this using three and four voices:

\version "2.14.1"
one = {
        \relative c {
                \clef bass
                a'1 ^~ a g
two = {
        \relative c {
                \clef bass
                s1
        \once \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #0.5
                e2
        \once \override Tie #'Y-offset = #'1.2
                f^~ f e
three = {
        \relative c {
                \clef bass
        \override NoteColumn #'force-hshift = #0
                c1~ c c
four = {
        \relative c {
                \clef bass