Re: where's the slur? (4 year old question)

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: where's the slur? (4 year old question)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 01:26:37 -0700 (PDT)

Villum Sejersen wrote:

>>  it seems i can't get VoiceB (the c's) to have a tie going up (with
>> version 2.15.5)!
>
> Neither can I, at least not without any tweaks or overrides. :)

i tried many tweaks - without success :-(

>>  this works in one voice (without to many tweaks)!
>>  {
>>    \tieDown
>>    \slurUp
>>    <e' c' -\tweak #'direction #1 ~ a  ~>>2(<d' c' a>>  )
>>  }
>
>  From a score-readability point-of-view Keith O'Hara's solution no.1 is
> clearly the best I have seen so far.

yes, and it's interesting to watch the positioning and attachment varying
with implicit or explicit settings (_ or ^)

the main question however is if it is a chord or a polyphonic construction -
which is not up to me/us to decide - both of them lead to different
positions of the notes in the second (d' c').

Eluze