Re: Lilypond lobbying?

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: Lilypond lobbying?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 15:35:51 +0200

Hi Kieren,

yes, technically possible - no doubt!

I meant if it was possible to convince a (possibly major) publisher to
accept and offer on their website a lilypond style file, so that from
then on, also lilypond code would be officially accepted by them. I
guess that would require disclosure of their style requirements (if such
a thing exists in the form of a set of rules) on the publisher's side,
and some state of stability between Lilypond releases (or,
alternatively, such a style file would be valid for, say, the 2.14.x
releases only).

Maybe I shouldn't wonder so much but ask them first, and even include a
cloned Schott score (which I would have to produce first ... or does
anyone happen to have? ... ).

I doubt I'll be able to produce a proper style file though - I'm too new
at lilypond engraving, I have never myself dived into creating some
tricky functions in a forest of brackets, and such. I'd love to work on
it (and learn lots in the process) but someone with more experience
would ceratinly need to be the mastermind.

Cheers, Robert