Re: hiding grace notes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: hiding grace notes
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:37:44 +0200

-Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> -Eluze <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Federico Bruni-5 wrote:
>>>>

>> systemgrace = #grace
>> grace = #(define-music-function (parser location m)
>>             #{ \tag #'grace \systemgrace $m #})
>>
>> Then define your music in \mymusic as usual (it will use the changed
>> version of \grace).  When you want the version without graces, call the
>> music with \removeTag #'grace \mymusic.
>>
>> Something like that.
>>

> cool - this also allows to create a "real" foreign language version!
>
> e.g. defining
>
> relativ = #relative
> sprache = #language
>

> in a \included file i can then write my code as:
>
> \sprache italiano
> \relativ { do re mi fa sol la si do }

Well, that particular experiment has only been possible for a month:
commit db3e78a1d3ac62dff61e80a3f0ccf60009f535ed
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>>  Sat Sep 24 23:53:25 2011
Committer:      David Kastrup <address@hidden>>  Sun Sep 25 00:34:35 2011

parser.yy et al: Make \relative a music function.

As long as any construct is defined via reserved words in the parser
rather than as a Scheme construct, reassignment in this manner is of
course not possible.

--
David Kastrup