Re: Frenching with pick-ups

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Frenching with pick-ups
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 22:38:02 +0100

2011/11/13 Christopher R. Maden <address@hidden>:
> And yes, I realize this is an older version of LilyPond... but Ubuntu is
> behind, for some reason, and I’m reluctant to break the integration when
> everything works OK for me.  Information that this is handled better in
> a newer version might be what it takes... (-:

In my experience, uninstalling the Ubuntu lilypond package and
installing our shipped binary does not break anything, because
lilypond is a command-line tool and the command name is 'lilypond' in
either the case. Any external program or GUI that calls lilypond by
its name will not notice the difference.  And there is not any
lilypond API, so calling it by its name is the only way of calling it.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com