Re: Chords: How to show chords without suffixes

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Chords: How to show chords without suffixes
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:08:23 -0600

On Nov 15, 2011, at 3:40 AM, Stjepan Horvat wrote:

> Hi,
> No this isn't what i wanted..I wouldent be asking if there were a anwser
> online..:)
>
> What i wanted is:
>
> \chordmode  {
> c1:7
> a1:min
> d1:min
> g1:sus4  }
>
> That will give me:
>
> C            A           D          G
>
> Thank you..

So basically you are asking how to make Lilypond render the chord inputs
incorrectly.  I didn't understand your goal.

The simplest answer is to input the chords the way you want them (c1 a1 d1 g1
etc.).  The more complicated answer is that you may be able to create a file
that overrides chord rendering and \include it in the file.  Get the
pop-chords.ly file (should be in the Lilypond Snippet Repository) and read up
on how to edit it to force Lilypond to render the chords in certain ways.
However, I don't know that you will be able to force rendering a minor chord as
a major chord.