Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Where to put user ly files on OSX?
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 09:03:55 -0600

On Dec 7, 2011, at 3:22 AM, Peter Jaques wrote:

> Thanks Hans. You didn't quite understand my question, I think.
>
> I understand that I *can* put files practically anywhere. The problem is that
> I then have to use a really long include line like:
>
> \include /Users/peter/Documents/asdf.ly

I would consider that a short line.

My solution is to use templates for my .ly files; these have my layouts for
lead sheets already set up, all I have to do is fill in the information unique
to that file (the melody, harmony, identifying information, etc.).  All the
\include lines are already written in the template and can be commented out as
needed.

You can shorten

     \include /Users/peter/Documents/asdf.ly

     ~/peter/Documents/asdf.ly