Re: Error "Wrong type argument in position 1"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Error "Wrong type argument in position 1"
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 23:01:47 +0100

Dimitrios Glentadakis <address@hidden> writes:

> I have never used the lilypond before
> I installed the program frescobaldi 1.2.0 with lilypond 2.14.2
>
> I open a mid file with tuxguitar (1.2)
> i export it to lilypond format
> I open the file with frescobaldi and i click on the LilyPond button
> and i have the follow error message:
>
> [8]ERROR: In procedure ly:pitch-semitones:
> ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting Pitch): 4
>

> I tried even with a second song in midi , with the same process, same error.
>
> i attach the midi file

The expertise of this list is Lilypond, not Tuxguitar (and Frescobaldi
should have nothing to do with the problem), so you should attach the
resulting Lilypond file.  One can then tell what is wrong with either
Lilypond or the Lilypond file, and then either get a fix here or make a
report to Tuxguitar, respectively.

--
David Kastrup