Re: Voices vs Stems

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Voices vs Stems
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 07:13:09 -0500

2012/1/14 Alberto Simões <address@hidden>
Hello

When a voice splits in two voices, and then go back together, I usually use

 <<
   { \voiceOne ... }
   \new Voice { \voiceTwo ... }

Although this makes a good output (check block 3 in the attached image), it makes quarter pauses to go up after this block.

I tried some combinations of stemUp/stemDown, voiceOne/VoiceTwo but I can't get a good one. One the voiceOne/voiceTwo render correctly, but it is the only that messes with the placement of pauses after it.

I can tweak some of the previous blocks (1 or 2) forcing stems and slurs to go up or down, but I do not think that's the better approach.

So, I am missing something.

What? :)

Thank you.
Alberto