Re: bar length

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: bar length
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:16:26 +0100

Angles "D\'Auriac" <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:
>

>> Angles D'Auriac <dauriac <at> grenoble.cnrs.fr> writes:
>>
>> > Hello !
>> > I am a total beginner and I wonder if it is possible to have
>> > all measure of exactly the same length on the score.
>>
>> Well, that's the definition of measure, isn't it?  Joking aside, you
>> should find this in the index of the Notation Reference under
>> "proportional notation" or something like that.
>>

> Thank you I will look for that.

Well, I checked.  It is in the section
Spacing Issues/Horizontal spacing/Proportional notation

But there is not actually an index entry for it, apparently.  Ugly.

> PS: when "I" am playing, measures can have very different length !

I have been thinking about an Emacs Midi input mode where you set the
bar checks manually after playing and Emacs then calculates the most
likely intended timing.

--
David Kastrup