Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the wh

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the whole shebang
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:53:52 +0100

On Jan 16, 2012, at 5:50 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:

Well, the OS X version I have of lilypond I have is version 2.14.2-1.  I used to use lilypond on my debian box, so I myself am more accustomed to the CL-based interface.  I would hope there was some way of running it that way on OS X (?).  I think I may have converted it to 2.14.2 just now, but I'd have to re-download the original and see if there was a version statement in the main.ly file.

The website has great instructions about this for Mac OS X:

http://lilypond.org/macos-x.html

(the section "Running on the command line").

I believe that similar instructions will be added soon (if they haven't been already) for Windows.

Cheers,
MS