Re: repeat

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: repeat
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:23:35 +0100

On 26 January 2012 01:25, Christopher R. Maden <address@hidden> wrote:

> Let’s say your repeated sequence ends up across a couple of page turns
> in the score and the conductor complains.  If you are using \repeat, you
> can slap in an \unfoldRepeats pretty easily which will also do the right
> thing with alternative endings, and without losing the fact that the
> section is a repeat.  Or you can just change \repeat volta to \repeat
> unfold in one place.  If you aren’t using \repeat, you would have to
> remove your bars and copy and paste the repeated section for every part,
> and possibly other complications as well.

That reminds me of another (great) argument for  \repeat volta  and
against  \bar "|:" .

IIRC  \repeat volta  forbid (or at least penalize) page turn in the
middle of a repeated (volta) passage.  This is not the case for the
 \bar "|:"  solution.   Also  \repeat volta  does not put a end repeat
bar (":|") just after a line break for instance.

So actually a strong (and useful) argument in favor of  \repeat volta .

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>