Re: printing bar line positions into a file

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: printing bar line positions into a file
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:39:50 +0100

Hi Werner,

2012/1/25 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> To all Scheme gurus:
>
> I want to collect the horizontal positions of all bar lines (or
> rather, the position of the first beat in a bar) within an output text
> file.
>
> Has someone written something similarly, possibly sharing his or her
> code?
>

>    Werner

I'm not a scheme guru (so I'm sure the code could be more elegant) but
the attached file seems to work (reading out every NoteColumn on the
first beat of a measure).

If you want to test, comment in the excluded lines, which colors
note-heads on the first beat.
Please notice that the test will work for noteheads only (I didn't
implemented coloring rests on beat one so far, but reading out their
horizontal position by their x-coordinate _is_ supported)

I never tried before to create an textfile from a displayed output.
But I figured out right now that typing
lilypond aatest-01.ly |less &>aatest-01.log
will do so (at least on my Linux-machine). Perhaps there is a better way.

One Problem: I couldn't get rid of the duplications in the log-file.

HTH,
  Harm