Re: Minimal space between barline and next object

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Minimal space between barline and next object
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 12:47:50 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nils" <address@hidden>
To: "Lilypond-User" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 12:28 PM
Subject: Minimal space between barline and next object

Hi list,

I noticed that often in Lilypond there is not enough space after a barline. It is perfectly fine if there is an accidental etc. but not with only a note/chord. Especially if it is a thicker barline like a repeat close. (I don't want to jump to conclusions here but is it possible that for a thicker barline type the calculation is still for the default barline?)

1) Can I ask instruct Lilypond globally for minimal space after a barline? Not an overall, relative increas. I don't want notes with accidentals to move further away, they are perfect. 2) A few publishers whom I showed my works to already mentioned this to me. Is it possible that this is an overlooked issue until now? Who is the right person to ask or tell?

Nils

http://lilypond.org/bug-reports.html

--
Phil Holmes