the word "LilyPond"

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: the word "LilyPond"
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 09:38:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Everyone who knows a bit about TeX/LaTeX knows what the result looks like when you use \LaTeX or \TeX in your source text.

Wouldn't it be nice to have something like that for the word "LilyPond" ? A standard way to display "LilyPond" in documents and for example in the default lilypond tagline ?

I personally would not choose something fancy like (La)TeX uses. But we could at least always write "LilyPond" with L and P in uppercase, and decide about and recommend the use of a standard font, one that is available on every system, to use in documents and websites, for the word "LilyPond" even if the surrounding text uses a different font.

Just a thought.

--

MT