Re: grace note issue/bug

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: grace note issue/bug
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 11:17:24 -0500

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:20:53 -0800 (PST)
lily-user <address@hidden> wrote:

> Eluze,
>
> I tried what Phil suggested (See
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns#grace-notes
>
> "Known issues and warnings". ), which is synchronizing the grace note
> with the 2 staves in my simple example. But, it doesn't work with a
> complex example. I think there should be a better solution for the
> problem.

It should be possible to imitate the grace note while taking the
duration from the following note.  Look for graceSettings in
ly/engraver-init.ly for the full list of settings.  The downside is
that the grace note is aligned with the first note in other Staves,
although it may be what you want:

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff {
      \once \override Stem #'font-size = #-3
      \once \override Flag #'font-size = #-3 % not for Lilypond 2.14
      \once \override NoteHead #'font-size = #-3
      \once \override Stem #'length-fraction = #0.8
      g'8*1/2 _( c''4*3/4 ) d''4
    }
    \new Staff { \clef bass c4 d4 }

  \layout {}
}

g'8*1/2 is shown as 1/8 but plays as 1/16.  c''4*3/4 is shown as 1/4
but plays as 3/16.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin