Re: Thinking about putting together a grant to support development on Li

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Thinking about putting together a grant to support development on LilyPond
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:38:28 +0100

On 09/02/2012 12:08, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> I have tried getting grants from different EU and national bodies with
> various partner institutions (including the one where Graham now
> works, IIRC). My impression is that you need people (preferably many)
> with lots of academic clout that can sign off on the proposal, since
> LilyPond itself has little formal recognition. Also, for EU research
> grants specifically, they were focused a lot on partnerships with and
> things that helped small and medium enterprises, and we couldn't
> invent a story around that.

Just in case it helps proposals: I have a small music publishing company
(http://www.edition-kainhofer.com/ ), and I exclusively use LilyPond, so
you don't have to invent a story about that.

> A) Development of ly2xml

Reviewers would probably argue that this is not really scientific
research and should be funded by an industry partner instead.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886