Re: Triplet question

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: Triplet question
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:34:29 -0800

gslindstrom wrote:
> I am working on a piece in 4/4 time and would like to have triplets on the
> upbeat of "4".  How can I indicate that the three notes should come on the
> 2nd half of the beat?

You have had several replies to this that all interpreted your question
differently from the way I did.  The other replies interpreted this to
ask "how can I have a partial half a beat at the beginning of my
score?"  If that is your question, then you have an answer and should
stop reading this.

I interpreted it as a more basic question: "how can I notate triplets
that consume half a quarter note?"  The answer to THAT is to use 16th notes:
   \times 2/3 { c16 d16 e16 }

--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.