Re: Mac info.plist problem . Issue 2338

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: Mac info.plist problem . Issue 2338
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:56:40 -0600

On Feb 27, 2012, at 7:49 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stan Sanderson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Feb 18, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Stan Sanderson <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mac OS X x86, LilyPond 2.15.30-1 would not run after expansion. A
>>> problem was reported with the Info.plist file.
>>>
>>> Upon examining the file (via: View Package Contents) I found a
>>> missing "</string>". All runs well after adding it to the info.plist
>>> file. I found the missing command by comparing the "bad" file to one
>>> from a previous (working) version, 2.15.22.
>>>
>>> Stan
>>
>> I note the discussion in the bug list today. The issue initially
>> reported is easily corrected.
>
> Does that mean that you volunteer to create a patch for GUB, compile it
> and test it?
>
> Please see the topmost entries for
> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=1&q=OpSys%3DOSX>
> to get a feeling just what kind of work is involved here, and how much
> time it takes for people not using OSX to get it done.
>
> If it is easily corrected, why don't you correct it?
>
> --
> David Kastrup

I apologize for any misunderstanding. By "easily corrected" I meant that any
Mac x86 user should be able to add the missing command to the info.plist file
in the LilyPond package contents. My original post indicated that.

Since LilyPond users are generally willing to respond when questions are asked,
I assumed that x86 Mac users experiencing the error but having difficulty with
my suggested solution would contact me, either directly or through the list.

In no way did I intend that my comment be perceived as a criticism of those
whose efforts result in LilyPond for the various platforms. It has been some
years since I last contributed to the effort as a Regression Test monitor. The
project eventually grew beyond my capacity to provide useful input.

LilyPond is an amazing application. Those working on it in any capacity have my
respect and admiration.

Stan