Re: Formatting of lyrics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Formatting of lyrics
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:22:46 +0100

Francisco Vila <address@hidden> writes:

> 2012/3/6 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2380> is fixed,
>> so you might want to take a look at modifying the now working \responsum
>> again.
>
> % no need to \include "gregotian.ly"
>
> #(define (add-suffix-to-lyrics prefix music)
>    (let ((found? #f))
>      (map-some-music
>       (lambda (m)
>       (if found? m
>           (and (music-is-of-type? m 'lyric-event)
>                (begin
>                  (set! (ly:music-property m 'text)
>                        (string-append (ly:music-property m 'text) prefix))
>                  (set! found? #t)
>                  m))))
>       music)))
>
> postResponsum =
> #(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?)
>    (add-suffix-to-lyrics "℟." music))

I don't think that makes sense: in the example, all the R's are aligned
in a column.  Looks like you want to fudge the note durations (like
c2*1/2 s4) such that you have a quarter note or skip on which you can
place all the R's aligned.

Probably one would need the same for \responsum etc?

> sl =                            % how to use this?
> #(define-music-function (parser location arg) (ly:music?)
>   #{ \tweak #'self-alignment-X #LEFT \tweak #'X-offset #-0.7 #arg #})

No idea how to use this: I just translated the given tweak (which can't
be put into a music identifier) into a music function to make it work as
intended.  But I have no idea what was intended.

--
David Kastrup