Help needed creating a Mac OS X installer for Frescobaldi

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Help needed creating a Mac OS X installer for Frescobaldi
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:29:43 +0100

Hi all,

Unfortunately I don't have access to a Mac. But it would be very nice
if someone is able to create an installer for the Macintosh (by
creating/adapting a ''-like script) for Frescobaldi.

This means that an Application Bundle would be created, containing
PyQt4, Python, portmidi and python-poppler-qt4. The cx_Freeze python
module (also used by the script that creates a Windows
installer) is able to handle that.

Here[1] is an example of a Python script that freezes an application
comparable to Frescobaldi (in that it also uses PyQt4), with support
for creating a Mac DMG file containing all the needed libraries.

Is anyone here able to understand the application bundle part of this
and to create a script for Frescobaldi, based on the
exising[2] and the other example?

Otherwise I would need to setup a donation infracture just to get a Mac
for building the installer :-) (although it would also help furthering
development and testing of Frescobaldi in general on Mac OS X :-)

Wilbert Berendsen