Self-contained Lilypond in a Dropbox folder for Windows users?

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Self-contained Lilypond in a Dropbox folder for Windows users?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:38:39 -0400

I've been collaborating with some other members of my choral group who've decided to learn LilyPond (more converts, hooray!) to help with transcribing individual parts.  For the OS X users, it was very easy to set up a folder in Dropbox that included the latest LilyPond.app bundle so I don't have to troubleshoot installation and version issues on their individual machines.  Works great so far.

Now I'm getting inquiries from Windows users.   Is it possible to do the same thing for them, i.e. have a LilyPond Windows install self-contained in a Dropbox folder that they can just run with no other installation effort?  I really want to avoid spending time figuring out why things aren't working in Vista :-(

Thanks,
Mike