Re: Notation of french horn

From: Tiresia GIUNO
Subject: Re: Notation of french horn
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 00:21:02 +0200

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:56:10 -0400
"Peter Wannemacher" <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

Unless you are writing for natural horn in G, the French Horn today
is the double horn in F-Bb.

You write it:
1. without Key Signature
2. with accidentals for each pitch
3. a FIFTH above the actual pitch ()

Alternatively you can write in C (i.e. the actual pitch) and let
Lilypond transpose it for you a fifth higher (see: \transpose).