Re: Too complicated and time consuming ...

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: Too complicated and time consuming ...
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 09:36:10 +0200

joannesmith <address@hidden> writes:

> The easy ones only take me about 20 minutes or so, however the hard ones can
> take more than 3 hours and some I have just given up on for now. Multiply
> that by about 450 songs and it is really intimidating to me.
>
> So my question ... maybe there is another program that will better suite my
> needs?

Producing 450 typeset scores takes time. Reasonable short hyms (approx
40 bars, 3 verses of text) will require a couple of hours each, no
matter what tool you are going to use.

When you're new to LilPond, the first several scores will require much
more time, while later in the process, when you get the hang of it, and
you have developed good templates, it will be much faster.

I can recommend a tool like Frescobaldi which may be easier to get
started.

Sometimes it helps when another person reads the score and dictates the
notes to you so you only have to concentrate on entering the notes.

Once you have templates, you can ask other people to join in.

But remember: typesetting scores takes time. The end result will be your
reward.

-- Johan