Re: Ukulele string tunings

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Ukulele string tunings
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 08:34:19 -0400

On Sat, 2012-05-12 at 15:56 +0200, Choan Gálvez wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Current tunings for tenor and baritone ukulele are string reversed.

It is customary among players to give the tunings
string reversed, as guitar EADGBE, as if the strings
were a chord being played from the lowest note to the
highest.

Starting the list with the first string is more convenient
IMO because when such instruments vary as to the
number or octavation of strings, the differences
are always on the thumb end rather than the finger
end. Differences in tuning the first few strings are
more likely to prompt a different name
for the instrument.

If I could vote, it is not to reverse any more.

I think I gave this same argument many years ago
and lost, but I enjoy a high vindication rate.
;-) Regards, daveA

--
Guitar teaching materials and original music for all styles and levels.
Site: http://www.openguitar.com (()) eMail: address@hidden