Re: Notating same part in two different mixtures of clefs

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Notating same part in two different mixtures of clefs
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 10:33:50 +0200

Am 16.05.2012 10:30, schrieb Christopher Webster:
Yes - just to confirm that the tags were exactly what I needed.  Here's the sort of thing I wanted to do:

highClef =
    {
        \tag #'cello { \clef "tenor" }
        \tag #'gamba { \clef "alto" }
    }

dots = \relative c
    {
        \clef "bass"
        g'4 a b r
        \highClef
        d4 cis d r
        \clef "bass"
        g,1
    }

\book
{
    \score { \keepWithTag #'gamba \dots }
    \score { \keepWithTag #'cello \dots }
}

It works like a charm.  Big thank-you from me.

            Christopher.
OK.
If you run into trouble because you come across clef changes that have to be applied only in one of the instruments (or a treble clef in the cello part), you can still use the tag directly in the music variable (although this is more typing and it doesn't look as smooth).

Best
Urs